Conservation Skills Centre is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO code 4624) that delivers training in conservation skills and knowledge and community capacity building, and is committed to training people and organisations to be stronger in individual capacity and collectively in communities.
Conservation Skills Centre trains both in accredited and non-accredited courses.
Accredited courses include
- AHC10116 Certificate I in Conservation and Land Management
- Selected units from AHC21016 Certificate II in Conservation and Land Management
- CHC14015 Certificate I in Active Volunteering
- WHS training (Unit of competency AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes)
Non-accredited courses include
- Safety management
Conservation Skills Centre is a division of Conservation Volunteers Australia and operates from locations across Australia including capital and regional cities. Trainers from Conservation Skills Centre frequently travel to locations throughout Australia to bring training to groups and organisations.
Since the year 2000 the RTO has provided training to more than 20,000 students in accredited and non-accredited courses such as:
- Youth Development Programs e.g. Green Army and National Green Jobs Corps
- Community Capacity Building – e.g. Volunteer Recruitment and Retention
- Safety Management in Community Groups – e.g. In Safe Hands Toolkit
- Leadership – e.g. Frontline Management
Contact Conservation Skills Centre to discuss customised courses to meet organisation’s needs.